Plummer Home for Boys (Plummer Home) is committed to protecting the personal information you provide when using our website. This online privacy statement describes how we treat all user data collected by us during your visit.
Plummer Home may occasionally update this statement. We will post any changes on this web page, and encourage you to check back periodically to make sure you understand how any personal information you provide will be used.
What personal information do we collect?
We collect two types of user data: (1) data that you voluntarily submit to us, and (2) technical data that is automatically collected from all visitors to our sites.
Voluntarily Provided Information: We collect certain information you voluntarily provide us, such as make a donation, sign up for our emails, register online for an event, fill out a form, post blog comments or other content, or participate in any activity that requires you to type in identifying information such as your name, address, email address or phone number.
How do we use the information you voluntarily provide us?
We will use the information you voluntarily provide us to send you information about Plummer Home and its programs, including program updates, event announcements and periodic fundraising appeals. We may also occasionally send you information about research or news reports related to Plummer Home and or its mission.
How do we share your information with third parties?
We will not share the information we collect from you through our site with third parties, except as described in this policy. For example, we may share personal information as follows:
- with vendors, consultants, and other service providers who work with us in connection with the operation of our sites or the services we provide and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us;
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on our sites that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- in an aggregated or anonymous form that does not directly identify you;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Plummer Home, our users, our employees, our clients, copyright owners, third parties or the public, including without limitation to protect Plummer Home or our users from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful use of our sites;
- to enforce or apply this policy or our other policies or agreements; and
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of organization assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of Plummer Home.
We are not responsible for the actions of service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with their privacy practices before disclosing information directly to any such parties. Nothing herein restricts the sharing of aggregated or anonymous information, which may be shared with third parties without your consent.
Website Data Security
Plummer Home takes reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be completely guaranteed against interception or misuse.
Links to other websites
Sometimes our site may include links to other Web sites that may contain information of interest to our readers. We take no responsibility for, and exercise no control over, the organizations, views, or accuracy of the information contained on those Web sites.
Creating a text link from your Web site to our site does not require permission. If you have a link you'd like us to consider adding to our sites, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Link request."
Use of Text and Images
If you would like to publish information that you find on our Web site, please send your request to email@example.com.
Opt-Out or Change Your Contact Information
Users may opt-out of receiving communications from us at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of our emails. You may choose to receive only specific communications or none at all. Note that it may take 5-8 business days to be removed from our lists.
Questions about our policies
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or the practices of our sites, you can contact us at email@example.com or 978-744-1099.