For Salem youth on probation as well as other youth living in Salem's Point neighborhood..
On Point is a collaboration between Plummer Home, the Salem Police, and the Essex County Juvenile Court located in Salem's lowest income neighborhood.
90-Day Probation ProgramOn Point serves as an alternative to detention available to the Juvenile Court. In this program, youth must complete:
- 8 sessions of a therapeutic group (anger management/social skills/substance abuse counseling...)
- 3 speaker events (education, awareness or prevention-based)
- 3 recreational events (basketball tournament, concert performance...)
- 3 community service events (4 hours each)
- 1 personal goal achievement (drivers' license, school attendance, sobriety...)